The management of Vocare wishes to pursue a policy which promotes health, safety and welfare throughout the organisation by offering a proactive and committed approach to their responsibilities, and in doing so, ensuring a safe and health risk free place of work. We are committed to a culture conducive to maintaining high standards of health, safety and welfare management for our employees, associates and all other persons who may be affected by our undertaking. We will provide working conditions which comply with all relevant statutory requirements, and officially approved codes of practice.
Vocare is committed to:-
- Providing and maintaining plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health.
- Offering arrangements for ensuring the safe use, handling, storage and transporting of articles and substances.
- Providing comprehensive information, instruction, training and supervision, with the objective of ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of every employee.
- Maintaining the workplace in a safe and risk free condition, and providing safe means of access to and egress from the workplace.
- Providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities and equipment.
- Compliance with all present and future health and safety legislative and regulatory requirements.
Vocare recognises, without detraction from its responsibilities as an employer that Vocare executive management have a duty within their areas of responsibility to take all necessary steps to implement the Vocare Health and Safety Policy, and any supplementary Health and Safety arrangements or procedures provided for the safe operation of their undertaking and will provide competent technical advice on health and safety matters to assist in complying with the requirements of all Health and Safety legislation which is relevant to the Vocare undertaking.
It is Vocare policy that all levels of management and staff will offer full support to achieving the organisations goal of a safe and risk free environment, and be active in maintaining the culture and attitude which enhances the promotion of health and safety activities.
Employees are reminded of their general duty under section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to take reasonable care of the health and safety at work of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions and are expected to cooperate with any person discharging a duty relating to health and safety matters or function. Failure by individuals to comply with the requirements of this policy, or interfere with arrangements or safeguards introduced for their health, safety or welfare, may lead to disciplinary action.
No Health and Safety Policy can be successful unless it actively involves employees. Vocare will seek support from employees by the appointment of Safety Representatives, which include sufficient facilities to carry out this function and will offer conformity to related Safety Representative legislative requirements.
This policy and its arrangements demonstrate the organisations commitment to providing a safe environment which is without risk to health and offering good standards of welfare facilities. The executive management will endeavour to ensure a fully committed approach to complying with the statements made in this document and will review its effectiveness whenever necessary or appropriate.
A copy of this general statement will be issued to all employees, associates and contractors undertaking work on behalf of Vocare. This document will be reviewed periodically for legislative conformity and, where necessary, modified in relation to such changes.
Policy approved by: Andy Gregory