Vocare aims to offer patients timely and equitable access to its services, in line with the NHS Constitution 2013 to support the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient patient care and the achievement of the organisations core objectives and statutory obligations.
Vocare will offer patients timely, equitable and transparent access to our services.
- Vocare will ensure that access to the services will be easy to navigate and understand.
- Vocare will communicate effectively with patients, and if relevant, carers at all stages in a patient’s pathway.
- Vocare will accurately and contemporaneously record all patients’ details on our electronic systems to support their management.
- Vocare will ensure that all staff involved in the provision or administration of care are aware of their responsibilities and are appropriately trained.
- Vocare will ensure that children and vulnerable adults including those with palliative and end of life care needs are not disadvantaged.
- Vocare will ensure that all patients and staff are treated equitably irrespective of ability, race, language, religion, age, gender reassignment status, marital status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status or geographic location.
- Vocare will be cognisant of its wider social duty to promote equality through the services it provides and to pay particular attention to groups or sections of society where improvements in health and life expectancy are not keeping pace with the rest of the population.
- The services provided by Vocare will provide high quality care that is safe, effective and focused on patient experience; in the people it employs, and in the support, education, training and development they receive; in the leadership and management of its organisations; and through its commitment to innovation and to the promotion, coVocaret and use of audits to improve the current and future health and care of the population. Respect, dignity, compassion and care should be at the core of how patients and staff are treated not only because that is the right thing to do but because patient safety, experience and outcomes are all improved when staff are valued, empowered and supported.
- Vocare will promote the belief that the patient will be at the heart of everything it does. It will support individuals to promote and manage their own health. Vocare aims to reflect, and to be coordinated around and tailored to, the needs and preferences of patients, their families and their carers. Patients, with their families and carers, where appropriate, will be involved in and consulted on all decisions about their care and treatment. Vocare will actively encourage feedback from the public, patients and staff, from a variety of means and welcome it and use it to improve its services.
- Vocare operates in partnership with other organisations in the interest of patients, local communities and the wider population.
- Vocare is committed to providing the most effective, fair, accountable, transparent and sustainable use of finite resources.
- Vocare services will be free of charge, except in limited circumstances sanctioned by Parliament.
Patient safety is our paramount priority and all staff are expected to make decisions in the best interests of patients based on their clinical judgment at the time.